From Peaks to Plains
Alberta is a land as diverse as it is beautiful, flanked by some of the world’s tallest and most iconic mountains on one side and the sprawling Canadian prairies on the other. Below the famous Rockies, the foothills contain endless opportunities for camping, fishing, ATVing and more. As you move north, the wilderness becomes more pronounced and forest and muskeg dominate the landscape. To the south, the grasslands and farmer’s fields reflect the province’s rich ranching and agricultural heritage. And wildlife is found in abundance throughout the province, from grizzly bear to snowy owl and pronghorn antelope.
Alberta Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Designed for industry use and outdoor recreationists, this product combines all of Alberta into one Backroad GPS Map, including our Southern Alberta, Central Alberta and Northern Alberta Backroad Mapbook titles.
- Over 410,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including close to 320,000 km of routable roads.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other Resource Facilities.
- Address and Township & Range Search for easier than ever navigation.
- Lake Bathymetry depth contour for over 150 fishing lakes, rivers, and streams.
- Marked Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- Tens of thousands of kilometres of multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages.
- Over 2,800 km of new ATV and snowmobile trails in Version 2019.
- Thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 16,000 land and water geographic features.
- Enhanced cartography for improved display of parks, conservation areas, Crown land, creeks and activity Points of Interest.
- Improved snowmobile route lines, First Nations reserve coverage and railway corridor mile markers.