Where the Sea Meets the Sky
From the islands of Haida Gwaii, where the wilderness rules and a strong First Nations culture maintains an unbreakable bond with nature, to the rugged peaks of the Rocky Mountains, world-famous for their alpine majesty, BC is a land of extreme beauty. In the western part of the province, the Coast Mountains rise right out of the ocean, their slopes covered in lush temperate rainforest, while moving inland brings you to the sweeping Chilcotin steppe, giving way to the vast and powerful backcountry of the north. To the south, the Okanagan is known for its many beaches, lakes and desert-like landscape, while further east the Kootenays are home to one of the world’s richest and most vibrant mountain cultures. No matter which corner of the province you are exploring, BC is as exciting a destination as you can find anywhere in the world.
British Columbia Backroad GPS at a Glance:
- Combining city and backcountry navigation with enhanced outdoor recreation information, this product amalgamates all of BC into one Backroad GPS Map, including our Vancouver Island, Vancouver, Coast and Mountains, Cariboo Chilcotin Coast, Northern BC, Okanagan and Kootenay Rockies Backroad Mapbook titles.
- Close to 685,000 km of our backroads network combined into one map, including close to 200,000 km of routable roads, including close to 23,000 km of newly enhanced and named Forest Service Roads in Version 2019.
- Lake Bathymetry depth contour for 1,800+ fishing lakes, rivers, and streams in BC
- Clearly marked private leased land for anglers and hunters.
- Searchable Oil and Gas LSD Grid Locations, Compressor Stations, Gas Plants, Wellsites and other resource facilities.
- Marked Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) for hunters.
- Tens of thousands of kilometres of multi-use hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails and paddling routes, with marked trailheads and access points/portages, including 1,500+ km of added multi-use trails and close to 400 km of new paddling routes in Version 2019.
- Over 4,400 km of new ATV and snowmobile routes in Version 2019.
- Tens of thousands of fishing hotspots, parks and conservation areas, campsites, hunting areas, winter recreation areas and more.
- Over 31,000 land and water geographic features.
- Thousands of railway corridor mile markers.
- Improved First Nations reservation coverage.
- Updated snowmobile route line style for easier navigation.